Advertising is available in the print versions of our journals. Our rates and specifications are available for download. Insertion orders and artwork, as well as any questions, may be directed to Joyce Gettman, Journals Marketing Manager, phone 402-472-8330.
- All ads are reproduced in black and white except for some back cover ads (see advertising rates and specifications document for full list). Some other journals feature back cover ads which substitute one of the cover’s standard ink colors for black.
- No bleeds. Two-page “spreads” should be submitted as two separate files each of the applicable full page size and will be printed with white inside margins on both pages.
- PDF files are the preferred format for ads.
- Design services are available. Contact us for pricing.
- Ads are invoiced upon publication with net 30 terms.
- A 10% discount is given if ads are placed in more than one issue within a given volume. This discount also applies to reservations for more than one page in the same issue.
- No agency discount is available.
- Text-only ads describing employment opportunities and text-only calls for papers are billed at 20% off the applicable display ad rate.
- We are happy to enter into advertising exchange agreements between our journals and other scholarly journals serving similar audiences. Our usual exchange agreements provide for a one time insertion during a calendar year with the actual timing of that insertion being based on space availability, but we are open to other terms.
- Some of our editors reserve the right to give final approval to advertising exchanges in their journals.
Specific journal information
Gettysburg Magazine has an advertising acceptance policy that restricts the advertising allowed to products and services that are deemed to fit the publication’s editorial mission of furthering scholarship related to the Gettysburg Campaign and Battle, the Civil War and Civil War era, and U.S. military history. Ads likely to be accepted include those for scholarly books, magazines, and journals, bookstores specializing in those kinds of titles, academic conferences and seminars, museum exhibits, scholarly societies, and documentary films.
Payments for advertising may be made by:
- Mail. Please send credit card information or a check drawn on a US bank to:
University of Nebraska Press
PO Box 880630
Lincoln, NE 68588-0630
Please enclose a copy of the invoice or write the invoice number on the check.
- Pay by credit card by phone. Call 402-472-3581.