Statement of Publishing Ethics
North Dakota Quarterly
Editor: William Caraher, University of North Dakota
Editorial Board: Available on the Editorial Board tab on the webpage listed above
Journal ownership: University of North Dakota
The editor(s) and editorial board of North Dakota Quarterly are committed to the following:
- We will make our best efforts to ensure that our editorial decisions are fair.
- We have the right to reject a manuscript at any point in the process if, it is the opinion of the editor(s) it does not align with the journal’s mission or editorial policies or would be in conflict with the journal’s legal requirements.
- We will treat submitted manuscripts as confidential documents and will not discuss them or share information about them with anyone outside the editorial staff, editorial board, potential reviewers, or the publisher.
- We expect authors to help us uphold our ethical standards by
- submitting only original works;
- respecting the intellectual property rights of others;
- adhering to the journal’s policies regarding simultaneous submissions;
- acknowledging sources;
- appropriately crediting all authors, other research participants, and funding sources;
- disclosing any potential conflicts of interest; and
- notifying the editors and/or publisher of any significant errors discovered after submission or publication.
- We will promptly investigate any credible allegation of unethical or illegal practices related to an article we have published. When warranted, we will issue corrections, retractions, and/or apologies, working with the author(s) as appropriate to find the best resolution.
- Concerns may be reported to the editor(s) or publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.